Saturday, April 18, 2015

Catching Up...

I haven't been very good about updating the past few days, but I have still been going out for hikes so I do have photos. Two days ago I finally took a hike along the river. It was cold and there wasn't much out but I did see some neat tracks.





Racoon

The next day I went for a really long hike from Big Bay Park all the way over to Atwater. At Big Bay I saw some Hairy Woodpeckers as well as another Red-bellied.



Red-bellied Woodpecker
Flying away
Hairy Woodpeckers

At Atwater I saw a whole bunch of female Red-winged Blackbirds. I wasn't aware the females looked so different, and I was actually kind of surprised I'd never seen them before.















Besides the blackbirds I also saw a Cardinal, which I caught in flight, more mergansers and a few song sparrows.






That was about it, I'll try to be better about daily updates from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment