Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sunday, April 5th, 2015

Today I set out at about 10:00 AM, it's the weekend and a holiday, so I didn't feel that bad starting a little late. I walked along Newton to the Nature Preserve and down to the lake. The beach was considerably narrower than I remembered with quite a few new trees as well as a few that have fallen over. From the Preserve I walked north to Atwater Beach where I climbed the bluff to Lake Drive. There were quite a few red-winged blackbirds chirping away and it was nice to hear them again.

Atwater Park lamp post this morning
I then decided to walk to the corner of Oakland and Kenmore to retrieve the wren I'd found in front of the LightHorse's main entrance. From there I walked to the High School and found three more window strike birds, another wren and two Golden-crowned kinglets, which I also collected and documented.
CH1
CH1
CH1
CH2
CH2
CH2
CH3
CH3
CH3
CH4
CH4
CH4
It's rather sad, but at the same time it is so fascinating to see them up-close. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to head out a bit earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment